Have you ever put your foundation on, looked in the mirror and thought, “I’m looking good!” Then the next thing you know it’s time to run to the grocery store, drop off some dry cleaning, do some laundry, and your foundation has separated and is practically slipping off your face.
But it looked so great this morning, so what gives?
Give Your Makeup Staying Power
Even though the problem could be your foundation, the issue could be your prep and application of your foundation. This post contains affiliate and distributor links that support One Crazy House.
How to have great looking skin – with the help of foundation
1. Exfoliate. A lot of women ask me why their foundation just seems to “sit” on top of their skin—which causes separation, smudging, and blotching. One explanation is your skin is not exfoliated enough. If you have a face full of dead skin, it makes it impossible for your foundation to absorb properly. A lot of people say to exfoliate only once a week, while others say multiple times a week. Our favorite exfoliation is the Polishing Peel. It is clinically proven to be the equivalent of a microdermabrasion spa treatment! At home, and it costs less than a cup of coffee!
Avoid Blotchy Foundation
2. Moisturize. If your skin is dry, you will experience blotchy looking foundation and you will probably notice your skin looks aged. Make sure to moisturize every morning and evening to avoid this.
3. Prime. If you notice your foundation is not staying in place throughout the day, or is looking a little dull, you may need to invest in a primer. A primer will create a smooth surface for an easier foundation application and keep your makeup in place by clinging to the primer.
4. Use a high quality product. Check out the image below. You can see how the quality of the foundation is very important. Just like some of the foundation is clumping in the water, it can also clump on your skin. Use the good stuff. We are independent distributors for a skin care line and trust us, you can TELL the difference when you use good product.
Avoid Cakey Makeup
5. Build your coverage. Make sure to layer and build your foundation instead of just caking it on all at once. Leave a few minutes in between applications to let the foundation absorb into your skin. Be sure to use a quality brand of foundation – one that is able to be absorbed by your skin!
6. Use a setting powder. I would be lost without my pressed powder. Not only does it keep away shine, it helps my foundation set and stay put throughout the entire day.
7. Take care of your skin. You can do everything in your power to make your foundation look flawless, but unless you are taking care of your skin not much is going to help. Learn how to take care of your skin with these 10 simple tricks that completely changed my skin.