Sure, you could just use your muffin tin to make muffins. But that’s so boring! Turns out, these pans are useful for all sorts of things around the house. Use them for anything from sorting games for your baby to making the perfect mini taco shell. Check out our list of crazy ways to use muffin tins!
1. Perfectly “boil” eggs in the oven. The muffin tin keeps them from rolling around.
2. Mix paints. It’s the perfect no-mess, easy clean-up solution!
3. Upcycle your child’s broken crayons by melting them down in muffin tins.
4. Add some crackers plus your favorite mac and cheese recipe to make yummy (and portable!) mac and cheese cups.
5. Serve your kids lunch in a muffin tin. Seriously, they’ll eat almost anything if it’s served in a fun way.
via Yankee Homestead
6. Put a muffin tin in a basket to make a handy drink holder and snack tray. Works when you’re getting drinks for a large group, too… Just use a laundry basket and a large muffin pan.
via One Crazy House
7. Use one to separate your jewelry. No more tangled necklaces!
via Meaningful Nest
8. Put condiments in a muffin tin the next time you have a party. So much easier than lots of different bottles!
9. Tired of your ice melting in just a few minutes? Make BIG ice cubes in your muffin tin. Great for drink pitchers!
via Real Simple
10. Get your desk drawer organized once and for all.
via Shabby Grace
11. Use an old muffin tin as a tealight holder. It looks rustic and charming, doesn’t it?
via SF Girl by Day
12. Set out single servings of ice cream. Handy idea for birthday parties.
13. Make sugar cookie bowls to put the ice cream in. Or chocolate chip cookie bowls… or brownie bowls. Mmm.
via Pennywise Cook
14. Organize nuts and bolts and other types of hardware in your garage.
15. Freeze leftover soup in muffin tins and then put them in a freezer-safe container. That way, you can get out only as much as you need when reheating.
16. Teachers, muffin tins and cups are terrific for organizing craft supplies. Put one at each table or station.
Who knew a baking pan could do so much?