Looking for more ways to use that jar of coconut oil than just as a sub for cooking oil? We have found 32 ways to utilize coconut oil in your everyday life that will completely change the way you look at this healthy oil. From beauty hacks to household uses, you’ll be surprised at what this oil can do!
Coconut Oil for Your Home
Not just for cooking, this oil can be used around your home for plenty of things!
- Rub a small amount on wood to prevent dust buildup
- Shine leather boots or shoes
- Season cast iron cookware
- Small motor lubricant
- Lubricate sticky scissors
- Rub into your pets coat to moisturize it
- Unzip a stuck zipper
- Furniture polish
- Reduce rust on metal furniture and silverware
Use coconut oil in your everyday beauty routine. So many beauty products can be subbed for coconut oil, it’s actually really amazing!
- Rub a small amount of coconut oil into your hair after a shower as a leave-in conditioner
- Massage into stretch marks to soften skin and lighten marks
- Make homemade lotion balls to soften your skin
- Naturally remove makeup
- Use coconut oil to make this delicious coffee body scrub
- Replace your shave cream
- Mix with a few drops of lavender and rub on feet to soften skin
- Remove gum that is stuck in your hair
- Rub into nail base to help soften cuticles
- Whiten teeth with oil pulling
- Add 1/4 cup each Epsom salts and coconut oil to a bath to help draw out toxins and sooth skin
- Make this amazing whipped body butter
Coconut Oil in Food
Start using coconut oil in your food, and you’ll never go back!
- Melt it over freshly popped popcorn
- Mix a spoonful into your coffee instead of cream
- Use it as the oil in your stir fry
- Create these amazing peanut butter cups
- Top a baked sweet potato with some coconut oil and cinnamon
- Eat a spoonful in the morning to boost metabolism
- Make edible playdough for the kids
- Eat it frozen with these coconut berry bites
- Rub a small amount on your eggs to help them last longer in the fridge
- Make these delicious chocolate chip cookies
- Sneak some coconut oil to the kids in these rice krispie treats
There you go, folks! Over 30 ways to use coconut oil around the house and in your everyday life. It’s good for you, so why not give it a shot?