Love bacon? Like really, really love bacon? If so, then you will love these 15 Unusual Bacon Recipes. We scoured the net to find the perfect mix of sweet, salt, and fat-dripping goodness. YUM!
We’ve all heard of bacon with potatoes, bacon in a chicken, avocados tomatoes, your favorite sauce in a salad, and a number of pasta dishes. But have you tried bacon beyond your usual BLT, turkey bacon, or bacon guacamole recipe? I bet not! This list is going to shock you and your oven with different recipes you can try that are, yes, unusual, but delectable!
Looking for ways to cook bacon dishes? Check out our Tips for Foodies post full of kitchen hacks and tricks.
Unusual Bacon Recipes You SHOULD Try!
1. Maple Bacon Cupcakes | Source: Ashlee Marie
Scratch bacon and white bread or cheese sandwich in the morning. Does anyone like bacon and maple syrup for breakfast or brunch? Then you should try these maple bacon cupcakes. Any bacon lover will be happy with this delicious maple bacon cupcake recipe.
2. Bacon S’mores | Source: The Classy Chapter
It may sound like a strange combination, but bacon and s’mores go together perfectly– a great comfort food! Instead of roasting marshmallows over a flame, make your s’mores sandwich dip with a strip of crispy bacon. Better than bacon cheeseburgers!
3. Bacon Maple Cheesecake | Source: Not Quite Nigella
I’ve had enough of bacon dishes with soups or lettuce, or onions and peppers. The bacon maple cheesecake is a dessert that consists of bacon on top of a cheesecake and maple syrup. This rich, sweet, and salty “pig-out” pie delivers a big flavor in every bite with its creamy bacon cheesecake filling, chocolate cookie crust, and caramel drizzle.
4. Banana Bacon Cinnamon Roll Roses | Source: Snappy Gourmet
Skip bacon mac and ham for tonight. Banana Bacon Cinnamon Roll Roses is more than a clever name. This cheesecake blends layers of ingredients — banana slices, smoky bacon crumbles, whipped cream and cheese filling together to make a gorgeous dessert.
5. Bacon-Wrapped Dates | Source: Menu of Musings
The hottest trend in sweet and savory snacks is bacon-wrapped dates. These bacon-wrapped dates make for a delicious low-carb treat. They’re great as appetizers, side dishes or a snack.
6. Bacon Asparagus Breakfast Pizza | Source: Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Salty homemade bacon and sweet-tasting asparagus turn a standard classic breakfast pizza into something special. Perfect with your favorite juice drink any time of the day.
7. Gluten-Free Maple Bacon Mini Donuts | Source: Fearless Dining
With a crispy maple sugar shell and a gooey bacon center, these gluten-free, vegan mini donuts will taste like gourmet pastry. And they’re so easy to make at home.
8. Cinnamon Roll Candied Bacon Burger | Source: Grillocracy
It’s breakfast and dessert in one! We place candied bacon and a cinnamon roll inside a hamburger bun and top with apple pie filling.
9. Candied Bacon (on Chocolate Ice Cream) | Source: Ashlee Marie
Candied Bacon is simply bacon that’s been coated with a mixture of brown sugar and spices and cooked until crispy. It’s a tasty garnish that adds crunch and flavour to ice cream.
10. Bacon Grilled Cheese Braid | Source: The Gracious Wife
This Bacon Grilled Cheese Braid is perfect for breakfast. It has bacon, melted cheddar cheese and scrambled eggs.
11. Bacon Caramel Popcorn | Source: Kicking It With Kelly
The irresistible combination of salty bacon and sweet popcorn will have you racing to the kitchen to make this fun treat for a movie night.
12. Crispy Bacon Grilled Cheese Rollups | Source: Spend With Pennies
These grilled cheese rollups, stuffed with crispy bacon, fresh arugula, and gooey cream cheese, are a fun way to get your kids to eat more greens.
13. Twix Bacon Cookies | Source: Gator Mommy Reviews
Twix is a delicious cookie. But what would happen if Twix took on an even more satisfying flavor profile? TWIX BACON!
14. Salted Caramel and Candied Bacon Ice Cream | Source: Spoon Fork Bacon
Caramel ice cream and bacon ice cream were a good start – this super indulgent treat is our next level. This ice cream has salted caramel and candied bacon chips in it- CRAZY.
15. Bacon Banana Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting and Bourbon Drizzle | Source: How Sweet Eats
This decadent stack of Bacon Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting and Bourbon Drizzle is sure to be a hit at your next party.
What was the most unusual bacon food you have ever eaten?? We would love to hear about it in the comments or drop a link to a recipe on our Facebook Page.