You use it to dry your hair and grooming, but did you know that your hairdryer is good for so much more? For everything from removing labels to making your eyelashes super curly, here are 15 wacky hair dryer uses you’ll wish you had known sooner.
Hair Dryer Uses You’ve Probably Never Thought Of
1. Use Hair Dryer to Remove Stickers
Remove stickers, price tag stickers and sticker residue with ease using a blow dryer. I wish I had known about this tip sooner… I usually scrub and scrub to remove stickers!
2. Mirror Defogging with Hair Dryer
Defog your mirror after a hot shower. This should save you a few minutes of waiting for the mirror to clear every morning.
3. Hair Dryer to Break In New Shoes
Break in new shoes in just a few minutes. Put on the thickest socks you have, slip your shoes on, and then apply low heat settings. Easy peasy.
4. Use Hair Dryer to Remove Crayon Marks on Walls
If you have kids, you’ve surely had a masterpiece or two crayon marks drawn on your wall. Use your hair dryer to heat the crayon wax, and it’ll wipe right off. Here are even more parenting hacks you need to know!
5. Remove Water Marks On Furniture with Hair Dryer
Have you ever ruined a piece of wooden furniture by placing a wet drink or hot dish on it? Get the moisture out of the wood (thus removing the water mark) by heating on medium heat with your hair dry for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Hair Dryer to Defrost Items on Your Freezer
Unfreeze items that stick to your freezer with a quick blast from your best hair dryer. We’ve all had a bag of peas stuck to those shelves, right?
7. Hair Dryer for Removing Vinyl Lettering
Remove vinyl lettering on shirts bought at thrift stores. They’re applied using heat, so it makes sense that they can be removed that way, too.
8. Use Hair Dryer to Adjust Eyeglasses Frames
Adjust eyeglasses frames to make them fit just right by applying a little heating element.
9. Dry Your Nails with Hair Dryer
If your hair dryer has a cool setting, use it to dry your nails. Don’t use the heat setting, though… it’ll make your nail polish smudge!
10. Hair Dryer for Removing Candle Wax
Remove candle wax from any surface. No more worries about dripping!
11. Use Hair Dryer to Professionally Finish the Cake
Get a professional finish on your cake by lightly heating the icing with a hair dryer and allowing it to cool. It makes the icing look shiny.
12. Hair Dryer to Make S’mores
Make s’mores without a fire. You won’t get the toasted effect on the marshmallow, but it’s still pretty darn tasty.
13. Hair Dryer for Extra Eyelash Curl
Heat your eyelash curler to make your lashes extra curly before applying mascara.
14. Use Hair Dryer for Car Dents
Remove car dents with a hair dryer and a can of compressed air. Find out how here.
15. Unlock Frozen Lock with Hair Dryer
If your lock is frozen shut in the winter, a blast from the hair dryer can help you get your door unstuck.
Which hair dryer hack is your favorite?