Wondering how to get rid of stretch marks? You aren’t alone. Females (and males) struggle with this and are always seeking ways to make them go away. These 10 tips just might help!
Well, it’s about that time of year again where shorts, tank tops, and bikinis rule and those stretch marks from the baby are suddenly looking pretty noticeable. And you are probably hoping to show off your bump with some maternity photos.
Fortunately, we have found you a list of 10 ways to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and get you one step closer to that summer body.
10 Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks will never fully disappear, but these 10 tips can definitely help reduce their appearance. Remember, they are always easiest to treat when they are still new and slightly pink in color.
- Massage castor oil into the stretch marks for 5-10 minutes and then wrap with a warm cloth or heating pad for at least half an hour. Repeated daily, this can help reduce the sight of stretch marks in as little as one month. Now THAT is fast! Want to make castor oil smell better?
- Extra virgin olive oil is another great way to reduce stretch marks quickly and effectively. Massage into the stretch marks and leave it on for at least half an hour to allow the vitamins in the oil to absorb into the skin.
- Natural white sugar mixed with a little bit of almond oil and lemon juice can work wonders on those stretch marks. The sugar works to exfoliate the dead skin, while the lemon helps to lighten, and the almond oil moisturizes. Massage into your skin for 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. Continue daily for about a month or until the marks are sufficiently faded.
- Massage cocoa butter onto stretch marks for 2 minutes every day to help enhance blood circulation and decrease the appearance of stretch marks. Cocoa butter is a pregnancy necessity!
- Create a paste out of the flesh of 2 apricots and apply for 20 minutes to stretch marks. Rinse off with warm water and repeat daily for a month.
- Essential oils are another great way to reduce stretch marks. Dilute a blend of lavender inside a carrier oil (like almond oil) and spread that over any itchy areas. So smooth!
- STAY HYDRATED! This will help with the elasticity of your skin. It also helps rid your body of toxins. The goal is 6-8 glasses of water, or more if you are nursing.
- Rub sliced raw potato over your stretch marks and let the starchy juice from the potato sit on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Whip up some egg whites and apply to stretch marks for 15 minutes. Rinse off and follow up with a super moisturizing lotion or oil.
How to Embrace your Stretch Marks
Even though I’ve given a few tips on how to try to get rid of them, remember that they don’t define who you are. You are strong and powerful and something has happened in your life where your stretch marks become noticeable.
Maybe you birthed a child, gained and lost a bunch of weight, grew 6 inches during the summer…you never know how a person is going to get their stretch marks.
But guess what? Stretch marks don’t need to be looked at as bad. Instead, look at them as a way that they’re telling a story.
Within those lines are memories, wins, losses and a lot of growth. If you happen to have stretch marks (who doesn’t!), don’t be so hard on yourself!
Instead, focus on how they’ve helped you be the person that you are today!
While all these tips and tricks will help reduce stretch marks nothing can make them completely disappear forever. So, instead of hating them, embrace those tiger stripes and wear them with pride!
Do you have any other tips on how to get rid of stretch marks?