We all know vinegar has a bunch of uses, but did you know of these 45 uses for vinegar around your house? These tips are brilliant hacks to help save money on expensive cleaners and reduce the amount of chemicals you use around your house.
*Looking for something else? Try these Uses for Baking Soda.
Easy and Genius Uses for Vinegar
Vinegar for Health and Beauty
Vinegar isn’t just for cleaning your home! Check out these fifteen tips on how to use them as replacements for some of your health and beauty products.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and a cup of vinegar to replace your shampoo
- Replace your regular facial toner with apple cider vinegar
- Pour 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, Epsom salts and some olive oil or lavender essential oils into your bath for a relaxing detox bath.
- Get rid of a stuffy nose by adding 1 teaspoon to a glass of drinking water
- Dry up a cold sore by dabbing it with vinegar
- Soften cuticles and strengthen nails by soaking them in vinegar for 5 minutes
- Disinfect retainers and avoid bacteria buildup by soaking in vinegar for a few minutes and rinsing with clear water
- Remove skin tags with apple cider vinegar
- Relieve a sore throat by gargling with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp. salt
- Soothe the sunburn by lightly rubbing it with vinegar
- Remove warts each week by securing a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar into the area each night with medical tape
- Fight acne by applying 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water to the affected area for 10 minutes 3 times a day
- Treat bee stings by pouring vinegar over it
- Banish bruises by applying apple cider vinegar to the bruise
- Wipe away residue on your hair styling tools such as your brush by rubbing them down with a rag dampened with vinegar
Indoor Uses for Vinegar
Some sneaky ways to replace cleaners around your home.
- Pour heated white vinegar and 1 T of baking soda down the drain, followed by more vinegar to unclog drains on sink.
- Replace Windex with equal parts water and white vinegar for an all-natural, streak-free shine
- Use equal parts water and white vinegar to clean out your refrigerator
- Scrub down countertops and stove tops with a paste of baking soda and white vinegar
- Get rid of the smell of mildew on towels by adding a half cup white vinegar to the laundry
- Remove scaly buildup on glasses by soaking them in white vinegar for 20 minutes
- White vinegar makes a great polish for silverware
- Cut grease on stove tops and grills by rubbing them down with distilled vinegar
- Mix equal parts vinegar and table salt to clean pewter and brass
- Avoid soap scum buildup in your dishes and dishwasher by running 1 cup of white vinegar through an entire rinse cycle
- Kill mold by spraying full-strength white vinegar on the affected area with a spray bottle
- Use white vinegar to clean your coffee maker
- Clean baby toys by adding half a cup to a gallon of water and letting them sit for 5 minutes before rinsing with clean water
- Peel off old wallpaper by spraying it with a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water
- Clean your microwave by putting 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup water in a bowl and microwaving until it has evaporated and then wiping out the inside
- Remove stains off your kiddos clothes caused by pen and crayon with white vinegar
- Spray and soak vinegar on gum to dissolve it
Vinegar Uses for Your Pets
Check out these five ways vinegar can help with some common pet problems.
- Stop your cat from biting on blind cords by rubbing apple cider vinegar on them every few days
- Remove cat urine smells from blankets and soft cloth by pouring some apple cider vinegar into your laundry
- Rub your fish’s bowl down with white vinegar and rinse well to remove gunky buildup on the inside glass
- Get skunk stink out of your fur baby’s coat by rubbing it down with full-strength vinegar and then rinsing thoroughly
- Get pet urine stains off the carpet by blotting them with equal parts white vinegar and water
Other Creative Ways to Use Vinegar
Yeah, just a few more ways to use vinegar in your day-to-day life – like some of these Cleaning Hacks.
- Add vinegar to your marinade to help tenderize meat
- Spray fruit and veggies with 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar before washing to remove vinegar
- Fluff up your pancakes by adding 2 T of white vinegar to your recipe
- Disinfect your wooden cutting boards by wiping them down with vinegar after use
- Absorb odors by placing a bowl of vinegar near the affected area
- Wipe down your bathtub, floor tiles (marble or hardwood floors), shower heads and shower curtains with white vinegar to remove mildew and grime
- Get rid of old cigarette smoke by placing a bowl of vinegar in the room
- Clean gunked up scissors by wiping them down with white vinegar
There you have it! 45 crazy ingenious ways to use vinegar around your house. Which one are you going to try first?