We’ve all had those moments where we are in middle of something away from home and our mind drifts to dinner (or, let’s be honest, Sunday lunch) and we realize we forgot to defrost meat for dinner, or worse yet, forgot to throw it in the slow cooker! Now you could hit up a drive through on the way home…again.
But you’ve had more than your fill of burgers and fries. So what are you to do? Never fear, the Instant Pot is here! This kitchen gadget truly is the super hero of kitchen appliance because it can rescue you from potential meal time disaster by cooking a variety of foods in a matter of minutes. But don’t take my word for it. Behold this list of Instant Pot dinners! It’s sure to inspire you and end the mild panic attacks forever!
Delicious Easy Instant Pot Dinners
1. Roast a whole Chicken in your Instant Pot
Did you know that your Instant Pot can handle a whole roast chicken? It looks amazing, doesn’t it? Just season with your favorite herbs (try lemon pepper!) and some oil, and it’ll come out tender and juicy.
Some ideas for seasoning your roasted chicken:
- Lemon Pepper
- Simple Salt and Pepper
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Paprika
- Season overnight in a bag with Mojo Seasoning (for a Latin flavor!)
- Rub with herb butter
- Stuff with sliced oranges and lemons
2. Simple and Delicious Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe
When it comes to making recipes, I love to create things with LOTS of amazing flavors. This Instant Pot Butter Chicken did NOT disappoint me at all! Then add into the mix that it’s a PERFECT freezer meal!
You can store butter chicken in the fridge for up to five days, that’s IF you have any leftovers or if you’re meal planning. Remember when storing any type of leftovers in your fridge to keep them tightly covered and sealed.
3. Vegetarian Instant Pot Chili
Make Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili in just 15 minutes! It’s chock full of beans, bell peppers, sweet potatoes and lots of other good stuff.
4. Stay warm with this Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili
White Bean Chicken Chili is another yummy option that can’t miss during a cold snap.
5. Enjoy Sunday Dinner any night of the week with this Instant Pot Roast Recipe
Get a Mississippi Pot Roast ready in just an hour and a half. This is perfect for those days when you forget to put a roast in the crock pot first thing in the morning.
6. Salisbury Steak Meatballs in Mushroom Gravy
Beefy Salisbury Steak Meatballs are cooked in a mushroom gravy in about 30 minutes. Pair with homemade mashed potatoes, and you have an amazing comfort food dish to feed your family.
7. St. Patrick’s Day Brisket: Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned Beef and Cabbage is delicious on a cold day. You don’t have to wait for St. Patrick’s Day! The brisket will be unbelievably tender but still sliceable… if you want it falling apart, add a few minutes to the cooking time.
7. Instant pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Honey sesame chicken is a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love. With tender bite-size chunks of chicken in a sweet and tangy sauce, you really can’t go wrong.
8. Instant Pot Barbeque: Fall-of-the-bone Baby Back Ribs
Barbecued Baby Back Ribs are the perfect Friday night meal. What a way to end the week!
9. Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
The Instant Pot and chicken just go together, don’t they? Try this Lemon Butter Chicken for dinner tonight. It comes together in less than 45 minutes. Yum!
10. 5-Minute Dinner: Shrimp Scampi Paella
Have dinner ready in just 5 minutes. Really! This Shrimp Scampi Paella uses frozen shrimp, so you literally need no planning at all. What an easy weeknight meal!
11. Instant Pot Tailgating Recipe: Root Beer Chicken Wings
Not only are Root beer Chicken Wings a great weeknight dinner option, but they’re the perfect tailgating food, too. They’re ready in under 20 minutes, so if you run out, just make another batch in a pinch.
12. Venezuelan Shredded Beef Recipe
Even picky kids will enjoy an easy, quick meal of Venezuelan Shredded Beef paired with steamed rice.
14. Italian Instant Pot Dinner: Sausage Cacciatore
Sausage Cacciatore is made with sausage, peppers, onions, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes and pasta… who wouldn’t love that?
15. Instant Pot Soup Recipe: Get better fast with this Chicken Noodle Soup
When you’re feeling under the weather and need some Chicken Noodle Soup fast, try the Instant Pot. This recipe is delicious and soul warming!
16. One Hour Ribs with Homemade Barbeque Sauce
Get fork-tender ribs in a flash. These are ready in just one hour, and you’ll love the homemade BBQ sauce on these babies!
17. Feel like a master chef making this Maple Smoked Brisket
Impress dinner guests with Maple Smoked Brisket that tastes like it took hours to make.
18. One-Pot Chicken, Black Beans and Rice
Don’t you love one pot meals? You’ll want Chicken, Black Beans and Rice to be in your rotation regularly.
19. Greek Pot Roast Instant Pot Recipe
Gather the family for a classic dinner: Greek Pot Roast. Serve it with veggies and warm mashed potatoes or make fajitas or tacos with the meat!
20. Kung-Pao Chicken
Use the pressure cooker to get your chicken thighs super tender for this scrumptious Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken recipe. It’s such a simple and delicious recipe that won my family over!
21. 30-minute Texas Red Chili
Don’t have 4 hours to simmer chili? Make Texas Red Chili in just 30 minutes. Yum! This is another goodie for tailgating.
22. Instant Pot Soup Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup pairs up well with just about any veggie you can imagine – squash, bell peppers or shredded greens. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
23. Low Carb Flank Steak Tacos
Use your pressure cooker to stick to your diet! No one will ever know that these Low Carb Flank Steak Tacos are actually healthy!
24. Cheesy Chicken and Green Noodles Recipe
Here’s another yummy and healthy option: Cheesy Chicken and Green Zoodles.
25. 30-minute Instant Pot Recipes: Cashew Chicken Curry
Meat-based curries aren’t exactly a quick dinner idea… until now. This Cashew Chicken Curry is done in under half an hour. Yay!
26. Vegan, Gluten Free, and Delicious Instant Pot Lentil Bolognese
Lentil Bolognese is packed with veggies and protein and is both vegan and gluten free. It’s also super tasty!
27. One-pot Enchilada Pasta
Even picky eaters will devour this one-pot Enchilada Pasta.
28. Instant Pot Sandwich Recipe: Under Pressure French-Dip
When you’re in the mood for a sandwich, you can’t go wrong with this Under Pressure French Dip Sandwich. Delish!
29. Sweet Soy Sauce Shredded Chicken
Serve this Sweet Soy Sauce Shredded Chicken with white rice and steamed veggies for a healthy, complete meal.
30. Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
When it’s just too hot to turn on the oven, make Beef Short Ribs in the Instant Pot instead.
31. Instant Pot Pasta Recipe: Beef Stroganoff
Or try Beef Stroganoff instead.
31. Fall-Apart Dr. Pepper Barbeque Sauce Ribs
Get fall-apart ribs with homemade Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce in a fraction of the time. Ready for pulled pork sandwiches?
32. Kid Approved Cheesy Chili Mac
Cheesy Chili Mac is a kid-friendly meal that’s full of veggies and flavor. You’ve gotta love a hands-off dish!
33. A new twist on a classic: Chicken Pot Pie Stew
Get the deliciousness of chicken pot pie in a warm, hearty stew. This Chicken Pot Pie Stew will knock your socks off!
34. Slow Cooked Pork Goulash
Pork Goulash can be made in the slow cooker, but since the Instant Pot can do both, just use the slow cooker function!
35. Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Stew
You’ll crave Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Stew on a cold day. With potatoes, tomatoes, greens, onions and sausage, it’ll warm you right up.
36. Holiday Instant Pot Recipe: Honey Glazed Ham
Christmas and Easter will be a breeze now that you can make a honey glazed ham in your pressure cooker.
37. Paleo Mexican Meatloaf
I don’t know about you, but I can never get meatloaf just right, but this Paleo Mexi Meatloaf is perfection!
38. Easy Pineapple Chicken
This Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken is simple and flavorful dish that’s packed full of yummy pineapple and zesty salsa! Serve over your favorite jasmine rice, and dinner is served!
39. Instant Pot Soup Recipe: Minestrone
When you’re craving warm, comforting soup, try this Minestrone Soup made with ingredients you already have in your kitchen and pantry.
40. Fresh and Simple Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Make Chicken Marsala with simple, fresh ingredients right in your pressure cooker. It’s better than any restaurant version.
So the next time you’re sitting in the school pick up line or even in church (I’m not the only one guilty of that right?). Don’t panic. Remember you have a super hero in you kitchen just waiting for your call for help. Keep these recipes handy for those crazy, “I forgot to prep dinner again” days and let your Instant Pot do all the work. Did one of these recipes get your mouth watering?