If your kids love the sensory experience that water beads have to offer but need a little inspiration in your sensory play? Look no further! From freezing to adding fragrance and everything in between, you’ll find lots of creative water bead activities here.
Water Bead Activities
1. Cool down on a hot day with this frozen water bead sensory play activity.
2. Start with clear water beads and add food coloring for a simple color mixing activity preschoolers will love.
3. Add some seashells and a scuba diver to make a squishyseaside sensory tub.
4. Toss a robo fish (or any other toy fish) in the bin along with the beads. Can you say hungry, hungry hawkfish?
5. To the laboratory! Let the kids hypothesize how many cups the water beads will grow to after two, four and six hours.
6. Place water beads on a projector to make fun shapes and colors on the wall.
7. Calm the kids down at night with a soothing stress away water bead activity.
8. Sensory bottles are a great way to let babies and toddlers explore water beads safely.
9. Use the ink from non-toxic highlighters to make glow in the dark water beads.
10. It’s stretchy… It’s squishy… It’s water bead slime! This will be a hit with the kids for sure.
11. A color sorting activity is fun when you have lots of little hands to occupy.
12. Want to know what water beads look like when they’re popped? Have a smashing session.
13. Learning numbers and letters has never been so squishy and satisfying.
14. Your little baker will love making shaving cream and water bead cupcakes. Use edible water beads and whipped cream for this activity if you think there’s a chance of ingestion.
15. Simple activities are often the most fun. Hide some toys among the water beads for a sensory search and find.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.