We can all use a little extra immune support when the mercury drops and the days get short. Try making this carrot apple cider recipe to boost your immune system and help you not get sick!
Apple cider is a delicious, favorite drink that many people enjoy in the fall. Unfortunately, it’s loaded with sugar due to the large number of apples required to make it.
And although it tastes delicious, it doesn’t provide any extra immune support. That’s why I came up with something else for my family.
Apple Carrot Cider
We drink an apple carrot cider recipe that I developed which contains fewer apples, carrot juice, no added sugar, and way more nutrition thanks to the carrot juice!
What do you think of that orange color? Isn’t it gorgeous? Heat it up, add some cinnamon, and some Thieves and Lemon vitality essential oils…yum!
This cider recipe is great for immune support.
During the winter months, my family is on the lookout for immune-boosting hacks. Anything that can help keep us strong and prevent us from catching the bugs that go around is a win in my book.
And if it tastes good, well, that makes it a runaway hit!
Cider Recipe for Immune Support
This is a tasty cider that is chock full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Zinc and numerous other antioxidants and phytochemicals that are known to improve immune function!
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
All you need is 4 simple ingredients to create a delicious cider recipe that the whole family will like and double as a way to help you feel your best all winter long.
- 100% Pure Carrot Juice
- 100% Unrefined Apple Juice
- Ground Cinnamon
- Essential Oils: Thieves and Lemon
Note: Get the exact measurements for this recipe at the bottom of this post 😉
How to Make Cider for Immune Support
Follow these simple instruction to make this cider recipe in just a few minutes!
Put your juice into a saucepan on medium-low. You don’t want to bring it to a boil, just a simmer.
Once the juice is beginning to move in the pan, add your drops of essential oils and the cinnamon.
Cover the cider in the pot and let the ingredients simmer together. Drink when the beverage is cool enough for your kids to safely consume.
If your kids aren’t huge carrot fans, it may take just a little bit of time (and a few tries) for them to get used to it. However, thanks to the ratio of apple cider to carrot juice, it’s naturally sweet enough that kids tend to adjust to it fairly quickly.
All the benefits of the carrots, apples, and cinnamon – along with the oils – will help keep your kiddos strong and hopefully cootie-free all winter. 😉
Apple Carrot Cider
- 1 cup 100% Pure Carrot Juice
- 3 cups 100% Unrefined Apple Juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Thieves and Lemon essential oils 1 drop each
- Heat your juice in a saucepan on medium-low. Avoid boiling it and let it simmer instead.Once the juice is just beginning a low bubble, add the cinnamon and your essential oils. Cover the pot with the lid and let the ingredients simmer. Turn off the heat and drink when the beverage is cool enough for your kids to drink without burning them.
More Inspiration and Support From One Crazy House
- 5 Essential Oils for Every Family
- How to Survive Your Child’s Cold (and Ways to Get Them Well)
- Easy Hot Drinks That Will Make You Feel Better
- 8 Effective Natural Alternatives to Common Medications
- Helpful Tips for Kicking Your Cold to the Curb