Somehow, we seem to amass loads of makeup over the years. And if you’re like us, it’s all scattered somewhere between your bathroom sink, your medicine cabinet, your travel bag, and your purse. What a nightmare when you’re trying to find that perfect nail polish or lip color! Here are some storage solutions and the best makeup organizers you can try yourself. Organize makeup once and for all with these clever tricks!
But first, we recommend consulting this guide from Makeup.com to determine whether you should keep some of that makeup or not. You can rescue broken makeup, but after a year or two, most products need to be thrown out. Toss what needs to be tossed, and use these tips to organize the rest of your stash. Enjoy these makeup organization ideas that will surely save the disorganization on your concealers, eyeliner, mascara, eye shadow palettes, perfume, and other beauty products usually scattered everywhere.
Tips and Tricks to Organize Makeup Essentials
1. Makeup Products on a Magnetic Board
Put your most used makeup on a magnetic board for easy access, not scattered on countertop or the shelf!
2. Cosmetics Put up on a Magnetic Board 2.0
Here’s another take on the magnetic makeup board.
3. DIY Nail Polish Hack
4. Spice Rack as Nail Polish Holder
5. Store your Makeup Collection with Velcro
Makeup Storage Hacks
6. IKEA Containers to Store Makeup
Small IKEA containers hung on the wall are handy holsters for your favorite products.
7. Container of Beans for Skincare Products?
8. Small Makeup bags as Compartments
Use small makeup bags to sort products by type, and keep them all in a larger basket or bin.
9. Organize with Tray and Small Baskets
A tray with small baskets is a neat solution. Grab only one basket or the whole tray if you need to move to another room to get ready.
10. Use Candy or Mason Jars for Organizing!
Wrangle your nail polishes with a candy jar.
Makeup Storage Ideas
11. Old Candy Jars as Lipstick Organizer
12. Good Ol’ Pencil Case as Storage Bin
Keep eye and lip pencils in… you guessed it… a pencil case!
13. Bronzers, Primers, and Brushes in Clear Floral Beads
An alternative to the bean makeup brush storage idea is beads. Here, she uses clear floral beads, but any small beads will do, and they’ll last forever!
14. Hang Makeup on the Wall
Or if you want to move the brushes off your counter, hang them on the wall, like a professional makeup artist!
15. Makeup Organizers from Old Plastic Bottles
Cut the tops off old plastic bottles to create cute, colorful makeup organizers (unavailable).
Which of these ways to organize makeup resonates with you most? Which ones are you giving a try?